Maghielse Tool Corporation was opened by Peter C. Maghielse and John T. Maghielse in 1940 during World War II. The company started in a small building with 2 employees, which was what we now know as the lunch room and the CMM laboratory at our Broadway location. Within the year, they had added 2 more employees. They created dies t
hat made very small and precise pieces,
such as machine gun belt clips, small parts for military vehicles and other small components for the military.
At this point, John T. Maghielse entered the military and Peter ran the company while John was away. John returned from war and by 1946 they were up to 8 employees.
Maghielse Tool grew through the years creating a niche of their own in the tool and die industry. In the years of growth and expansion, Maghielse Tool was able to purchase larger machines and presses, which increased their capabilities. This enabled them to start taking on larger projects, working with Tier 1 and OE customers in the automotive, appliance and agricultural realms. In the first twenty years of business, they more than doubled the size of their building, increasing capabilities and staff. In 1960, they purchased a small storage building which was later connected to the main building and turned into the design department. Constant growth and opportunity was a part of everyday life at Maghielse. From 1962 through 1980, Maghielse Tool added the large high bays and truck well that are currently in use.
In 1978, John T. Maghielse turned over the reins to his sons Craig and Steve after they’d graduated college and worked at the company for some time. Craig and Steve co-owned and ran the company together until 1989, when Craig bought Steve’s shares in the company.
In 2003, Erin Hoffmann, Ken Momber, Joel Dalman, Greg Fannon purchased the assets of Maghielse Tool and formed International Tooling Solutions (ITS), combining their expertise and leadership with the employees of Maghielse to form a new leader in the tooling industry. ITS quickly incorporated high technology methods for engineering and manufacturing dies. The company grew rapidly from its inception and in 2008, ITS expanded with two new locations: Bristol Ave. location in Walker, MI, and Frankfort, KY. The Walker location expanded the tool and die and production capabilities in Michigan and enabled ITS to take on larger programs for its emerging offshore tooling model.
In 2011, the joint venture between ITS and Gerstenslager (a Worthington Industries company) created ArtiFlex Mfg., LLC. This joint venture combined the expertise of low volume stamping (Gerstenslager) with the tooling capabilities and expertise of ITS, creating a world leader in Low Volume Stamping and Assembly. In 2012, ArtiFlex acquired Automatrics (Kentwood, MI) to expand their business capabilities into the automation realm of manufacturing. The combined effort of these locations creates a niche in the manufacturing world; a company that is uniquely situated to be able to manage and produce Ultra Low Volume Dies and Production.